I've been tagged by the lovely Ruth of crazy jay blue and am hereby listing 20 random facts about myself. This took me a while not only because I'm a perpetual procrastinator, but also because I posted 15 things (10 random, 5 scary) on the makeupalley fragrance board, stating foolishly that I'd post *different* ones here. Smart. Real smart. But here they are! And shoot me if you want to, but I think everyone in the blogosphere has been tagged, so I'm not tagging anyone specific. If you read this and haven't been tagged already, you're it!
20 Things About Trina
1. It's true – I'm a TOTAL slacker. I put things off for no good reason other than that I'd rather be playing online. Or watching tv. Or playing with my fur-babies. I get FAR less done than I'm capable of.
2. I'm happy to be alive.
3. There were years on end when I wasn't.
4. I play favorites among my pets, and the favorites change constantly.
5. I only own 2 pairs of underwear (AKA "the infamous p-word") – the ivory satin ones I wore when I got married, and cotton with Tweetie Bird printed on them.
6. When I was small, the "Betsy-Wetsy" dolls at my grandparents' house, along with my childish lack of anatomical understanding, made me think that my digestive system was just a straight tube from mouth to "exits". I would to sit on the toilet and drink water *as* I peed, to try to keep a continuous flow, but it never worked. Logic told me that if I kept drinking, I'd keep peeing, but it never played out that way... I was SO disappointed! I don't remember how old I was when I finally learned/realized the truth, but I still feel ripped off :~P
7. In gymnastics class, my nickname was Noodle because I was very flexible – so much so that I couldn't get anything right (I was floppy, like a noodle). When attempting a back-handspring, my hands would come down in FRONT of where my feet had been. I'm nowhere near as flexible as I used to be, but I can still lay on my stomach pushing up with my hands, and bend my knees and arch my back so that my toes touch my head. I can also do a backbend without using my hands. My husband appreciates these things.
8. I cannot roll my "rr" when speaking Spanish, and it frustrates me to NO end.
9. I suck at bowling – I start out ok, but as the game progresses, my performance gets worse and worse. By the end I'm bowling straight gutterballs. I can't explain it, and I don't like bowling enough to try to fix it. I can drink watered-down beer in front of the tv, thank you very much!
10. I'm a proponent of *reasonable*, sterile home surgery. In furtherance of that, I own a scalpel handles and a large pack of blades. And I have used them.
11. I have eczema and sebhorreic dermatitis. The area most affected by this is my scalp, and although I could go to a doctor and get medications to use on it, I'm vain enough about my hair that I'd rather deal with the discomfort of an itching scalp than risk uglifying my hair with steroids and/or coal tar products.
12. I have tried cigarettes only twice in my entire life. One time I was wasted, and the other I was pissed off at the world.
13. I love mint-flavored things, and apparently have my whole life. When I was 2 years old, I ate an entire tube of toothpaste, and then blew the tube back up to hide what I had done.
14. Every pair of pants that I wear in public is from Target. Most of those I wear in private are too.
15. For a short time in high school I was addicted to ephedrine. I kept falling asleep in AP Biology, so I bought some "Maxx Alert" pills at the gas station. I would get the shakes on them, and when I came down in the afternoons I turned into even more of a royal bitch than my usual self. My friends actually "had a talk" with me about the pills.
16. When I was in elementary school, my biggest fear was that someone was going to climb in my window and stab me to death. I have no idea where I got this idea, or why I was fixated on it, but I would lie awake staring at my windows, scared out of my wits.
17. I prefer the raw form of almost all baked goods. I'd rather eat dough/batter than the finished product ANY time.
18. I can't remember the last time I told my brother or sister that I love them.
19. I drink too much, but if someone would just come up with a non-alcoholic red wine that tasted as good as the real deal, it would become an instant non-issue. It actually gets on my nerves that I get a buzz when I'm just trying to enjoy some yummy, tart grape juice. There are great NA beers, so where the heck is my NA wine?!?
20. As cheesy as this will sound, I have to say this. I'm married to the love of my life, and I give thanks every day that we found each other, and that we've been able to make our relationship work. Falling in love is easy, but being in a lifelong committed relationship requires effort. I love that he finds me worth the effort.