Saturday, February 05, 2011

"Miracles"

I don't profess to know everything (or anything even close) about the body or the spirit. I don't claim to have even the barest grasp on the nature of miracles. I believe in them as a concept, if only as the manifestation of extremely unlikely statistical outcomes; but I can't declare any personal experience of divinity or claim a belief that such events are the result of intervention from a higher power.

I do know this: two people who mean a LOT to me in different ways are alive today, despite many indicators proclaiming that they would/should have been gone more than 6 months ago. I can't label it and don't want to. I just want - and plan - to celebrate the fact that they are still here. And no matter the cause/reason, it feels like a miracle to me.

2 comments:

Gemel said...

Miracles, such delightful things :)

Kyahgirl said...

hey Trina, I think it kind of works like the "Field of Dreams" concept, you know, 'if you build it they will come....with miracles, if you expect them, they will come! I'm glad you got more time with some important people.